Thursday 12 August 2010

QUICK HUMMUS

I must admit that I'm not a big fan of hummus you get
at the falafel places, it's a bit too bitter, too oily and not
enough chickpea flavour for my liking.
Therefore I make my own, oil and tahini free version,
a frugal version if you like.

All you need is:
Chickpeas,
Garlic,
Salt,
Cracked black pepper
A dash of water

I start by mashing the chickpeas with a hand blender
and then I add some pressed garlic, salt and pepper
and a little bit of water so it's not too compact.
This quick hummus is divine to spread on bread and
also yummy to dip carrot sticks in.
Very healthy too!


This is so easy that even a monkey could do it!


I put my hummus in jars and store them in the fridge.


My favorite, hummus on rye crispbread.

ENJOY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Humus and Chickpea. Thank you to remind me how it's good and easy to do.

Did you see the Adam Sandler movie " You don't mess with the Zohan ?" It's question about a lot of humus inside ha ha ha ha
I love Adam Sandler, is so funny (sexy too :)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Jag älskar hummus, skulle kunna äta ihjäl mig om jag kom åt :) Själv tycker jag både om lösa och hårda varianter men om jag lagar själv kör jag med fast. Skall testa nu med bara vatten och utan olja.

Jenny Oak Fae said...

Verkar ju gott det där!

: )

KRAM

Jacqueline said...

gudars vad gött!

ellinelle said...

..I LOVE Houmous , it's one of my favorite snacks now and then ..
yummy : )