Wednesday 18 August 2010

TREAT WITHOUT RATION

I can't say that I enjoy food programs on TV but I do
love The Supersizers. This dynamic duo, Giles Coren
and Sue Perkins takes us on several journeys in food
history. My personal favorite is Supersizers go 70's.
They also made a show about food in the 50's but the
one I find most interesting is this particular one...
Supersizers go Wartime.

I know it's not wartime but the recession is making it
pretty sour for a lot of people and I do think we all can
learn a thing or two how to live more frugal and maybe
this will inspire you. Or not.
Enjoy!


Also watch part 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6

I do practise the frugal lifestyle, as many of you already
know, maybe not as much as I want to but every little
helps.

A couple of evenings ago I went for a walk with the most
colorful basket in town, picking blackberries and plums
that grows in my neighborhood.
It seems like no one really cares about the fact that we
can get it free as long as it's not on private property.
What you see in my basket is just a fraction of the huge
amount of plums I got.
I made plum sauce, perfect as a tangy dessert or to add
in plain yogurt.



I also recently planted some garlic, peppers and zucchini.
Unfortunately it's been rater cold here in Britain, we
usually have summer until late September so it doesn't
grow as fast as I wish it would.
For now it' just an experiment. We'll see what happens.


Zucchini and peppers.


Garlic and peppers.
(Don't worry, there's a plastic sheet around the dirt
so the rust won't do harm to the veg.)

2 comments:

B-b-b-etty said...

du måste se Edwardian-avsnittet!

Malayka said...

Wow that was fantastic, thank you for posting that (although now it is already nearly lunchtime and I am still sitting here in my dressing gown)! We absolutely do live in an over processed, over indulging society these days and I'm sure we would actually feel a whole lot better about ourselves if we cut back to the necessities.