Thursday 2 September 2010

A DAY IN CAMDEN

Hi my darlings!
I'm on the couch today, ill, drinking tea and
watching Angels in America on DVD that I
scored on eBay for £2.50 including shipping!
Taking a short break to blog...

My man was kind enough to take yesterday off
to go to Camden with me for some well needed
qualitytime together. We had a very nice day.
It was sunny and warm and we were both in a
really good mood.
Camden was busy as usual and for some reason
I didn't feel up for scouting, it was rater stressful
with blaring speakers and shop attendants with
rather bad attitude.
I actually felt kind of old, I mean, I had tons of
piercings and some pretty wild outfits back in the
days, and I've had these tattoos of mine for many
years. It was like "been there done that" and I just
couldn't relate at all to these people who looked
like me 12 years ago.

Anyway, it was lunch time so we went to CTJ on
Euston Road and we stayed there for almost three
hours, eating, talking, laughing.
The food was the best I had in ages by the way.

After a relaxed time at the restaurant we went to
some charity shops along Camden High Street
where I found an amazing 1930's style hat and a
very cute dress.
That was about it really, but it was way cheaper
than the vintage shops at Camden Market and the
money went to a good cause.

We also went to Whole Foods Market on Parkway
to pick up some stuff we needed and I bet that no
one in that store was as happy as I was that point,
I finally found Celestial Seasonings tea!
It was easy to get in Stockholm but over here in the
UK it's been like searching for the Holy Grail unless
you want Sleepytime tea, which you can pick up at
Sainsbury's, but that's about it.
They only had packs of 10 bags but that's better than
nothing, I got two of my favorites, Cinnamon Apple
Spice
and True Blueberry.



Started the day with my favorite breakfast.


Hat, £7. (Gift from my man.)


Dress, £3.


My favorite tea!

1 comment:

Stefanie Valentine said...

Camden has changed so much, and not for the better. It's become very mainstream and I find that most of the people that hang out there aren't really into the scene and are there "to be seen". And the stalls are crap now.
But I'm glad you had a good day, and I hope you get better soon!