Monday 22 November 2010

CAKE, ROSES AND HATS

Ha ha ha! The title of this post really sound like
I went to Mad Hatters tea party or something.
No tea party, just a rather relaxed weekend.
Pizza and movies in bed, just like it should be. :))
I didn't just pig out in bed, I made two new hats
and tried out one of the 1950's sewing patterns
I got in the post the week before.

The reason for the relaxed weekend was because
me and my man was celebrating being together for
3 years and 11 months.
I really looking forward to our 4 year anniversary
next month.
Our plan is to go to South London Pacific to see
The Keytones and have a cocktail or two.
I love that place, (it's a Tiki bar, what's not to love?)
wish we'd go there more often...


Got these beautiful orange roses.


Perfect timing, needed to trim down the old roses
anyway (want them to last as long as possible) so
they had to move to a smaller vase.


I also made two new cocktail hats.
For sale! Red hat click here, gold hat click here.


And raspberry cake. Yes, fat free. :)

RASCAL'S RASPBERRY CAKE

You'll need:
2 eggs
2 dl light brown sugar
2 dl flour
1,5 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
3-4 dl raspberries

This is what you do:
Put the oven on 175 degrees °C.
Use a round non stick baking tin with detachable
bottom.
Put the raspberries in the baking tin.
Whisk eggs and sugar thoroughly with an electric
whisk.
Mix the dry ingredients and pour it into the egg
mix and whisk until smooth.
Pour into the baking tin and bake in the middle
of the oven for about 30 - 35 min.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Polly said...

It's my 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend next month too! The raspberry cake looks delicious, I will definitely have to try that.

Zizzi said...

Din hallonkaka måste jag prova! Den lät och såg jättegod ut! Underbara blommor du fått, gillar när rosorna är i lite "ovanligare" färger. Finfina hattar också! Kram cissi