Monday 5 September 2011

ALL ON HIS OWN

My man has got the bargain bug pretty bad at the moment.
On Saturday he went to a local car boot sale all by himself.
The weather was pretty iffy but I told him to go so I could
get some peace and quiet for a few hours, (I said this in the
nicest of ways) and so he did.
I can't say anything but that I was very impressed with his
purchases and here's a few of them...


Bracelet, 30 pence.
Hawaiian style, what a keeper!


Vintage blanket, 50 pence.
Perfect for the bedroom this autumn.


Fabric, £1.
A whole lot of fabric I might add. I'm going to make
pillow cases for our big pillows in the bedroom.



Old LP, 20 pence.
I love kitschy LP covers so this one is most welcome in
my collection.



3 vintage bamboo plant stands, £1 for the lot.
YES!!! Love these, we now got a whole lot of bamboo plant
stands, wish we had a much bigger house so they all
could
be displayed in the same place.



Original 1940's Jell-O ad, £2.
My man though I would love this since the color is a perfect
match to the walls in my hobby room and
it's from my very
favorite decade, yes, I do love it.



1950's flower pot, 20 pence.
He knows me so well... I'm in a yellow and green state of
mind at the moment and this was much appreciated.



Mariachi duck, £1.
Meet Senor Lopez, that's his name his previous owner gave
him and it's for him to keep. He's way over 40 years
old and
he's a bit dirty but he's very welcome to hang out
with the
donkeys and flamenco dolls.

Me and my man love vintage Latin kitsch.



1960's mugs, £2.50.
I love old stuff still in original box. I'm keeping these for sure.

So, what do you think, did he do good? :D

5 comments:

Boo Boo Kitty said...

He did good. Me fella is better at spotting bargains at car boots and charity shops than me!

I love that bracelett.

Randi said...

He did GREAT! What amazing finds!
I especially love the plant stands and the jello ad.

Vintage Coconut said...

*Woohoo* He really got some great stuff.
I don't have the slightest clue what my guy would purchase if he went to the sales without me. He very well could come home empty handed. hahaa

My Grandma had a huge plant wich she took a piece from and planted and gave to me. It is the same plant as your front two in the pic with the bamboo stands. What is it? (Motherinlaws tongue?) or something else. I asked Grandma but she said she can't remember.

Andi B. Goode said...

I LOVE that Mariachi Duck! OMG.
-Andi x

Miss Rascal said...

Boo Boo Kitty: He say's thanks. :)
I'm the magpie in this little family but I must say he did really good this time.

Ginger: He looks very smug at the moment and say's thanks. :))

Vintage Coconut: Yeah, I was amazed.
I thought he would come home with some odd stuff I wouldn't like (because that what's usually happens when we go different directions on boot sales).
Yes, you're so right, the plants are indeed Mother in laws tongue.

Andi B. Goode: Yeah, he's a really cool birdie. :)