Monday 9 September 2013

NEW ADDITION TO THE BANGLE FAMILY



I picked these up today after my hospital appointment.
The red one is Bakelite and the teal one is Lucite.
The Bakelite bangle were really grubby so I cleaned it with
a toothbrush and hot water, after I dried it properly I sanded
it with a very fine sandpaper and then buffered it up.
I do need to get a new buffer because the surface should be
even smoother than it is now but mine were well used.
In the auction the seller said it had some dark mottled areas
but that turned out to be old dirt, after my deep cleanse I saw
a whole new bangle, it now shows the marbled pattern.
The sum? £5 each! (approx. $7.85 each)

3 comments:

doradadama said...

Amor,
gorgeous! love the teal bangle. You inspire me to buy more bangles..especially bakelite.

Besos

Miss Rascal said...

I can't stop buying bangles, I keep on clearing my collection all the time but it never seems to get any smaller.

I don't put much effort into collection Bakelite tho, people take the piss with their prices but if it's dirt cheap I'm not turning them down. LOL!

doradadama said...

Amor,
I know you own lots of pretty bangles! Yeah, when I visited the thrift stores in California I found lots of expensive bakelite. The salvation army in Cali is where I find lots of lucite/bakelite cheap bangles.

Besos